Because of recent events in my life (a scare with the H1N1 virus, which turned out to be the regular old flu, thanks for scaring all my friends away, Doc.) I have been a bit of a homebody, in this tiny box I like to call home anyways. I have been quite sick for some time now, haven't been able to drink because I am so loaded up on medications and its just too damn cold to go outside honestly. The only energy I could muster up this week was to use my newly downloaded [insert illegal torrent downloader here] to find a new obsession seeing they sadly ended Arrested Development on season 3. I am doing winter camps in a couple of weeks and one of the days we are going to watch an English movie - maybe High School Musical or Hannah Montanta, only the best English education for my students - and I thought I would do some 'research' about what I should show.
I am 24 years old (lord have mercy) and was enchanted by Twilight and the Backstreet Boys like the rest of the women who daydream about the perfect romantic vampire scene and surprisingly I am not embarrassed to admit it! Yet the wagon I never jumped on has now recently been mounted and I am hooked. No, its not gay porn, get your mind out of the gutter. I am talking about HARRY POTTER. This recent discovery of what I have been missing all these years has aroused some questions... (Stop thinking about penis' people!)
-Am I too old to just now be starting to enjoy the fairytale wonderland that is Hogwarts? Are you ever too old to pretend?
-And why wasn't MY high school like that? Boo, SHS, you fail.
-I am only on the 3rd movie and all but WHY does poor Harry always have to go back to that awful house with his muggle family? I thought everyone in Europe went on holiday over the summer?
- Are the books better than the movie like normal, because there are a lot of books and I think they would require a good amount of commitment. I do like a good book nerd out session...
- What exactly IS the function of rubber ducks?
- Who would have thought that Miss Hermione would grow up to be such a down to earth fox? And that little HP would grow up to be naked on Broadway! Such is the world I suppose.
- Why can people come up with amazing worlds in the movies but are so awful at real life?
Well, whether or not I am too old or too cool (haha, definitely not) to just be getting into the world wide sensation, it's happening. What can I say, I do it for the kids. Looks like my 6th grade students will be getting a little magic this winter (how do I come up with this stuff!)
And the marathon continues.
Well I am starting the 5th one soon and a couple more thoughts...
- Robert Pattinson is in HP?? I had no idea.. he really is into the tween dream thing I guess...
- Harry annoys me with his bumbling ways and unsteady hand. You are a famous wizard dude, pull your shit together.
- I am attempting to watch them all before I see the new one that comes out in Korea this weekend. Why do I let these things consume my life.
- Cameron, I take back everything mean I have ever said to you. Harry Potter IS cool. (except about you being a whore, that stands. Love you:)
I cannot believe I just blogged about Harry Potter. I need a drink.